I, the above-named person, hereby agree as follows:
- I am participating in yoga classes and/or workshops offered by Ocean Yoga during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga or other heath and exercise related topics. I recognize that yoga requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult a physician prior to and regarding my participation in yoga classes and/or workshops. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical conditions which would prevent my full participation in the yoga classes and/or workshops.
- I will follow all instructions given to me by Ocean Yoga and its teachers as to when, where and how to perform and not perform yoga exercises. I understand that any deviation by me from such instruction will be at my own risk.
- I understand and acknowledge that I am to receive instruction in yoga theory and exercise only, and I will not hold Ocean Yoga or its teachers to any higher standard of care than that is applicable to a school of yoga theory and exercises. I further understand and acknowledge that yoga instruction includes physical touching of my body by yoga instructors and I consent to that touching.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in the yoga classes and workshops, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the yoga classes and workshops.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the yoga classes and workshops, I knowingly and voluntarily release from liability and waive my right to sue Ocean Yoga and its affiliates from any and all claims, including negligence, which may result in physical injury or illness, including death or economic loss I may suffer or which may result from my participation in the yoga classes and/or workshops.
- I agree to be bound by any riles now in effect or which may be amended by Ocean Yoga, and such rules as may be posted at Ocean Yoga in the future, all of which are incorporated by reference in this agreement.
- Any dispute arising from this agreement shall be submitted to binding arbitration in San Mateo County, California through Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services applying to laws of the State of California.
- I grant Ocean Yoga the right to take photographs of me in connection with the studio. I authorize Ocean Yoga may use such photographs of me with or without my name for any lawful purpose, including publicity, illustration, advertising, and internet content.